We currently have positions available in both our offices for Job Captain / Project Leader. We are architects specializing in K-12, higher educational facilities, public use projects.
Responsible for managing small projects in all phases. Assist in architectural problem solving. Assist Project Manager in preparing budget and schedules, and in monitoring adherence to work plan. Interact with consultants and agencies. Ability to work with a team on larger projects.
Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice desired.
- Minimum of two (2) years Revit experience, prefer 2014 version.
- DSA experience a plus.
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
- Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
- Ability to apprise supervisor for status of work.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
- Be proficient with Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ documentation and office practice systems.
- Ability to correspond effectively with consultants for cad files and minor directives.
- Attend professional activities outside of office.
- Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients and consultants.
- Assist in preparation for interviews and proposals.
- Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
- Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
- Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed-upon budget hours for the task.
- Participate in office design charrettes.
- Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
- Proficient in the documentation of project design in CAD such as three-dimensional modeling, product, or material research.
- Demonstrate CAD competency in advance commands of editing requirements, drawings set up for any type of project, management and use of all CAD files and resolution of any related CAD issues on Ruhnau Clarke Architects’ CAD platform, prefer 2014 version.
- Possess knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, families, attributes, purge/audit/recover, and back up files and view templates.
- Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
- Prepare complex plans, elevations, and details under guidance of supervisor.
- SketchUp desirable but not required.
- DSAexperience preferred but not required.