Sep 01, 2020
Fetch Careers, Inc.
Sacramento, CA, USA
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of HVAC and plumbing systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team.
- Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs projects in a team environment and mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Implements and utilizes LEAF Engineers Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical [mechanical] systems and equipment.
- Ability to design and model simple and complex plumbing systems or large plumbing systems.
- Ability to produce coordinated floor plans, riser diagrams, and isometrics with limited guidance of more senior staff.
- Ability to interpret consultant design documents (for instance kitchen consultant's equipment layouts, equipment schedule and catalog cuts) and design the necessary plumbing system.
- Select plumbing equipment and layout the required equipment space.
- Coordinate with technology and electrical designers to coordinate the requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- PE license in California preferred
- Five years of drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: K-12, higher education, commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
We will consider candidates that require VISA transfer/sponsorship for this position.