Currently searching for an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join West Central Region Team in Illinois & Missouri (Collinsville, IL & St. Louis, MO offices) as a Structural Engineer
Under the direction of the Engineering Operations Manager, this senior level engineer will serve in a lead technical role on bridge design projects and perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects. Projects may include highway bridges, retaining walls, box culverts and sign structures.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare or check structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete.
- Review drawings & documents and prepare technical clarifications.
- Guide the designers/drafters to prepare structural drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as civil and roadway engineering and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines.
- Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program
- At least 10 years of engineering experience in bridge design
- Familiar with IDOT/ISTHA standards, specifications, etc.
- Illinois P.E./S.E. licenses required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Must possess the following characteristics
- Be a Brand Ambassador for the company who believes in diversity and inclusion
- Be self-motivated to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Be able to multi-task in a team environment
- Exercise initiative and independent judgement in the solution of work problems
- Be able to communicate effectively--verbal and written