What You Will Do
Clients around the world call on our technical, environmental, regulatory, public safety, and cultural expertise to meet their water resources challenges with cost-effective, reliable solutions. We partner with our clients to deliver innovative and sustainable dam and levee solutions, from concept to completion and commissioning. Whether you need a new design, rehabilitation, inspection, risk assessment, or permitting assistance, we provide resilient water management systems to reduce risk, sustain water supplies and protective works, and safeguard communities. Our designs serve clients’ needs for water supply, flood damage reduction, navigation, and recreation.
Our Roseville, CA office is looking for a Project Civil Engineer to support civil/structural design an analysis on major projects as well as support and guide the work of junior personnel. Join our team!
As a Project Civil Engineer, you will:
- Work semi-independently on civil, structural, and geostructural design/analysis tasks
- Work on multiple large projects with multi-disciplinary teams and subcontractors and/or sub-consultants
- Independently apply design principles and practices to evaluate, select, and apply techniques, procedures, and analyses to assigned tasks
- Perform construction support services, including assisting client with bid activities, performing construction observation, interacting and coordinating with contractors/inspectors/agencies, managing field changes, and closing out projects
- Exercise a high level of professional and ethical judgment
- Self-perform initial review and quality assurance procedures on personal work, and serve as a resource/guide for more junior staff.
- Occasionally be assigned to work at a construction site for an extended period
- Perform structural condition assessment of existing structures and features
- Observe/monitor construction activities
- Identify opportunities to develop new techniques and/or improved processes
- Actively participate in project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university
- 5 or more years of increasing responsibility and experience in civil design, hydrology and hydraulics (H&H), and/or structural design
- Experience coordinating with design professionals on multi-disciplinary teams to meet schedule and budget constraints
- E.I.T. required, P.E. preferred
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories and practices as applied to concrete, steel, and timber structures
- Proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Reinforced concrete and structural steel design
- Site layout and grading
- Hydrology, site drainage, and culvert design
- Hydraulics and hydraulic modelling
- Proficient in the preparation of construction details, technical specifications, and cost estimates (PS&E)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Office, or similar computer programs.
- Knowledge of specialized computer analysis programs (e.g., SAP2000, Mathcad, HEC-RAS, etc.)
- Professional Engineering license in California, or a state that provides comity with California.
- Experience in design of hydraulic conveyance structures, gates, valves, penstocks, dams, check structures, flumes, canals, culverts, etc. a plus.