This Senior Project Engineer will be focusing on one of Flatiron's top projects in the west coast region. Flatiron is looking for bridge experience and a strong individual who has supported projects of $10 million. The role does involve managing up to five field engineers and will interact daily with multiple levels of management both on & off site. This engineer will also perform tasks related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates.
- Meets with engineering team to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates weekly and monthly production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Updates project schedule weekly for owner and management reporting. Attends weekly owner meetings; presents on project production status as needed.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies engineering and project management of any significant schedule changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages all Requests for Information (RFIs), as needed by project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. Manages invoicing with Company accounting team regarding materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed. Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work. Participates in all work site tours with leadership or external parties.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Bridge project experience is highly preferred.
- 7+ years construction engineering experience required.
- Experience managing construction engineering teams required.
- Proven skill and ability managing engineering teams in a design build or other alternative build project.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program