Our client in the Inland Empire is experiencing growth in the K-12 sector of architecture.
Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
• Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain the reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
• Resolve issues related to client concerns, team members, and consultants in a timely manner.
• Provide coaching, mentoring, and performance-enhancing feedback to assigned team members.
• Provide and direct the overall verbal and graphic communication of complex project concepts to clients, public agencies, and project team members, and be the primary point of contact for all client
• Resolve project financial issues, including staffing adjustments, review of contractual obligations, and scope of service.
• Promote the mission, values, guiding principles and culture of the firm in a positive manner.
• Collaborate with Firm Executive Leadership, Design, Project Management, Technical, and Marketing Leaders to help communicate and execute the firm’s desired strategic mission and vision.
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally in a wide variety of settings inside and outside the firm.
• Coordinate and provide assignments to office support and technical project staff, consultants, and vendors clearly, effectively, and professionally.
• Monitor employee performance and take appropriate action to provide feedback both positive and constructive performance.
• Supervise and manage multiple clients and project managers for all phases of projects; including the ability to supervise several groups.
• Ability to lead and inspire others with integrity, commitment, and dedication to accomplish client, project, and firm objectives.
• Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team or independently, depending upon the situation.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Write responses to client requested RFQ’s/RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
• Understands all aspects of project implementation.
• Ensure that the documents meet the client standards.
• Write articles for professional publications.
• Write training material for staff development as directed by Executive Leadership.
• Write and develop project marketing interview materials; participate and lead in project marketing interviews.
• The primary proponent for project pursuit.
• Ability to market project capability through public presentations and professional publications.
• Attend conferences, events, and other networking opportunities.
• Ability to develop new client contacts while also developing a network of current, past clients and industry partners.
• Develop relationships with governing and other agency leaders.
• Coordinate with Executive Leadership to maintain an appropriate backlog of work for the firm.
• Possess a strong client/customer service orientation.
• Must demonstrate a motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Able to set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Review and assist project staff in setting budgets, goals, and preparing work plans that clearly define their expectations, and take appropriate
action when they are met and when they are not met.
• Encourage professional and beneficial multi-level network relationships with various consultants that are aligned with project/client
• Monitor and adjust staffing plans to projected workloads to meet expected project timelines and project budgets.
• Coordinate with Executive Leadership on the adjustment of staffing when needed.
• Resolve collection of aged accounts and any financial issues with clients.
• Identify and manage risk as directed by Executive Leadership.
• Campion as the lead for a Marketing Go/No Go decisions of project pursuits.
• Provide support and leadership to the Executive Leadership, studios, and project groups.
• Ensure that project managers support design and follow design intent and quality on all projects.
• Ensure that project design supports the firm's design goals.
• Ensure that documents are reviewed for quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables and client standards.
• Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis as required on projects.
• Resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies and client on projects.
• Ensure that materials and systems meet client standards and the minimum standard of care and are within budget.
• Oversee and resolve issues during the construction phase of all work under their supervision.